Thursday, February 23, 2012

picture perfect bow & headband holder

This is the BEST hair bow and headband holder ever!! It is super easy to make and most of us have the supplies in our craft stash anyway.

What you need:
wooden picture frame (any size is fine, i used an 8x10)
cup hooks (i used 7/8")
sponge brush
paint
ribbon (if doing 2 colors you will need 2 spools)
high temp glue gun
1 glue gun stick

Let me start off with that mine did not turn out like I thought it was going to :(
I just used supplies I had already lying around my house and I really should have went to the store and purchased some black paint instead of using the ugly green and maybe I wouldn't have used the glitter lol. However it does get the job done so that I am happy about.
First paint your picture frame

Next apply any glitter while the frame is still wet, this way it will have something to stick to so you can skip any gluing process.

Once paint dry attach any accessories that you are putting on it. I chose to add a rock star to the right corner of the frame. Just put some hot glue on the backside of the accessory and attach to frame.


Flip frame upside down. I hardly ever measure so I just eyeball everything. This is what you will be doing...


I started in the middle then worked my way to the outside. Attach the outer ribbon first. In my case the shiny pink was the smaller ribbon so I glued that on first then I glued the black ribbon on top of the pink. Then I did the other 2 sides the same way. Be sure to glue the ribbon into where the frame is indented (where the glass would normally sit), if you don't the ribbon will be flush with the wall when you hang it.


Here is a closeup of what the glueing looks like. I always glue first then cut off the excess. This is helpful so you don't cut pieces too short.

It's time to attach your hooks. I just wanted 3 on mine but you can use as many as you would like. They were very easy to screw in, I didn't need to use any pliers to help me so hopefully you won't either. I put one hook under each ribbon row.


And here is the finished product...

again not the cutest thing but it works :)


No comments:

Post a Comment