Friday, January 27, 2012

Babyville Boutique cloth diaper

.
I LOVE Babyville Boutique. All of you cloth diapering mommas will appreciate this. I made this diaper yesterday and it was so easy, much easier than I was expecting. And it was fairly inexpensive to make. My Joann's store just started carrying the brand Babyville Boutique, a cloth diapering line that you make yourself. If you use your coupons or buy it on sale then the cost per diaper is pretty cheap (compared to a new diaper from a major cloth diapering brand). It took me a few hours to make this one, I had to stop a lot and do my daily life in between cutting patterns and stitching.
Babyville carries everything you need for cloth diapering except any soft material you may need, for soakers, diaper lining, ect.
The diaper above is like the gDiaper. It is a cover (except mine is made out of PUL), with a hammock like thing on the inside that snaps to the cover. I lined the inside of my diaper cover with a really soft flannel (if you want your diapers to last I would opt for a flannel that isn't super cheap, sometimes the cheap ones have small holes in them or snag really easily).
Babyville's books are very affordable. At the store I go to they are $10 each and come with patterns for sizes newborn-large and have several different styles to choose from.

I am so excited about this brand. I didn't start cloth diapering till I had my 3rd child. I cloth diapered her till she was 4 months (she's now almost 8 months) and she kept getting a rash but I thought it was because we were battling thrush (hope none of you ladies get that while breastfeeding it is horrible to get rid of!!!). Once the weather cooled off and the thrush went away she still was getting diaper rashes. We took a road trip and I used disposables and the rash went away almost instantly. I washed the diapers like I was supposed to and her skin isn't sensitive for the most part so I stashed away all the bumgenius diapers (I bought used on craigslist for $10 each if I bought them new I may not have had any problems with them) that I was using and just used gDiapers with a tri fold inserts and disposables and she hasn't had any rashes since. gDiapers are a bit out of our budget so I only have a couple but I hate polluting the earth with disposables, which take over 500 years to break down. Then I came across Babyville and I was crazy excited.

I need to go get more supplies so I can post a how to on this for anyone who is interested. I couldn't believe how easy it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment